The library where I work has a “Getting to Know You” board in the break room. Each month, one employee puts up pictures, information about themselves, etc. June-July is my month! (From halfway point to halfway point.) Since I do not have a lot of pictures of myself when I was younger (they are either lost due to numerous moves, or stored away and not easily accessible), I decided to go with an infographic format and the more recent pictures that are on my hard drive. (Click to enlarge.)This was my first attempt at an infographic. Of course, I am now thinking of different ways to use them in the library! I noticed a few interesting things while making this:
1. I claim that Speculative Fiction is my favorite genre in books. However, the only book that falls in this category is The Chronicles of Narnia series. So either, I am mistaken about what my favorite genre is, or (and this is the answer that I prefer) great writing transcends genre categorization.
2. All of my current favorite TV shows are sci-fi.
3. My favorite movies, however, are generally much lighter in tone.
4. I have favorite office supplies and science/math theories.
5. The number of TV shows that I am currently watching is larger than the number of books I read each year (averaged over the last 5 years that I have data for).